Piecing together the set of best exercises to lose weight is harder than you thought? Picking out the best weight loss exercise as per your fitness goal to add in your workout schedule is what you are here for? Well, we will assist you with information & cardio exercises backed by health experts and researchers. Watch the fat melt off in less time!
Please note that there’s no size fits all solution here. It could be a trial and error method for you to be watchful of. Your body might not react to certain weight loss exercises the way it’s mentioned here. Figure out eventually what set of exercise is leading you towards your goal. You can also consult a health expert if needed.
Here Are 10 Best Exercises to Lose Weight Quickly.
Thankfully, they are all easy and uncomplicated. Adjust them as per your capability, strength, and fitness goals. With the right attitude and knowledge, Get Set Go!
1. Kettlebell Swings
Simple to perform and a very effective fast weight loss exercise, fat burning is easy with kettlebell swings. The best part is, it’s very easy to master and perform on a regular basis. It keeps your glutes, hips & quads in action when you bring kettlebell upwards. While performing it, your abs are used for core stability with lots of love to your shoulders. It results in your spiked heart rate that burns fat.
How To Perform It?
- Hold a kettlebell at an arm’s length with both your hands down in the front.
- Bend at your hips.
- Rock back a little and hike the kettlebell between your legs.
- Now swing the kettlebell till your shoulder height with your glutes squeezed & hips thrusted forward forcefully.
- Reverse and repeat.
2. Shadow Boxing
This weight loss exercise definitely needs a spot in your workout schedule because it focuses on your legs, arms & cardio-vascular fitness. You can burn around 800 calories per hour. Impressive, right?
How you can nail it.
- Take a fighting position and be on your toes.
- Dip & weave to your heart’s content.
- Go low and high with intensity as you proceed.
3. Barbell Deadlifts
It’s the best cardio exercise for both beginners and pros.
A well-performed barbell deadlift is the king of compound exercises with multiple benefits. Don’t forget to perform a good warmup with lighter weights to keep the risk of injury at an arm’s length. The beauty of this exercise is that it hits your different muscle groups at the same time like arms, abs, quads, hamstrings, etc.
If you challenge yourself eventually with heavy loads, it will help you increase your lean muscle mass with a boost in your metabolism rate.
Pro Tip: Practice and keep changing your grip technique between overhand, underhand & hook. Why? So that your forearms don’t give that easy while performing it.
Right Way to Perform Barbell Deadlifts.
- Get into the squat position.
- Hold the barbell with your hands and it should be a width apart.
- Keep your chest up.
- Lift the barbell up while pushing your shoulder back. Look straight.
- Try to focus the weight on your heels. Keep the bar closer to your body.
- Bring it to the thigh level and hold until you can.
- Return and release it slowly.
4. Box Jumps
For times when you want to give your heart rate a decent spike but you are short on time, box jump is one of the ideal workouts to lose weight. Box jumps build power through your legs that further provides you strength to perform bigger lifts. It also tones your body and burns fat.
- Keep a box and place yourself at a distance that’s comfortable to perform the jumps. Your feet shoulder must be width apart.
- Take a quarter squat position, swing your arms, and jump upwards on the box.
- Do not make your landing tight or pressure-filled. It should be soft.
- Under control, get to the starting position and repeat.
Almost every fitness enthusiast swear by the benefits of skipping rope to stay fit and for weight loss. Skipping can be fitted into any workout routine with ease and it’s light. From beginners to pros, it’s for everyone.
It might not be evident but rope skipping is a full body weight loss exercise. Your shoulder, arms, legs, calves, hands, and everything else is active while you skip rope. It also keeps your core engaged with abs getting a blast. You burn calories faster.
6. Chest-To-Floor Burpees
Performing 10 repetitions of these burpees at a faster pace means burning calories as per your goals. It involves your entire body.
- Take a relaxed standing position and squat down. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor & palms on the floor too.
- In the exact same position, kick your feets backwards as far as possible. Your arms should be extended.
- The moment your feet land the jump on the floor, get them back to the hands & jump into the air.
- Land, squat & repeat.
7. Dumbbell Goblet Squat
It’s nothing but squats in an updated form. People with a goal to build lower-body strength, dumbbell goblet squat is the best for them.
When done in the right way, it works your core, shoulders, back, glutes, and leg. This exercise improves mobility too. For burning calories, the count is 35 calories a minute. Great, right?
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart from one another.
- Hold a dumbbell in front of your chest.
- Get into a squat position and keep the dumbbell in the same position.
- Get back into the main position & repeat.
8. Mountain Climbers
If you are aware of this exercise, it looks simple, right? In reality, it requires a solid form to keep injuries away and to make the most of it. You must be watchful of your position before starting mountain climbers.
The right position is shoulders up, hands under shoulders, tight core, and get into action with powerful knees. Your core and shoulders are the targeted areas.
- Get into a sprinter’s block position.
- Your one foot should be beneath your waist and the other one at the back.
- Swap positions of each foot explosively.
- Keep repeating.
9. Battle Ropes
With the battle ropes exercise, melt the fat like butter. For lung-busting finishers, there’s nothing better than battle ropes that’s also extremely excellent for packing muscles on forearms, biceps & shoulders.
10-15 seconds of continuous battle ropes can up your heart rate to 180 BPM that’s equivalent to an all-out full-body sprint. A 10 minute battle rope session can burn upto 120 calories.
- Anchor the rope 15-20 feet away from each other at its center.
- Grab the rope’s end with each hand and your arms should be extended.
- Start the movement by raising your arm to shoulder height one by one as fast as possible.
- Keep repeating.
10. Bear Crawls
To begin with, don’t pay attention to all the curious eyes planted on you while you perform this ab-busting piece of workout. Though it seems to be a very basic movement, it’s very effective for improving your core strength, control, and your abs, legs, shoulders, arms & chest’s muscular endurance. For warming up as well, it’s a great activity to start with.
How To Stick To Your Workout Routine
It doesn’t matter that you have a list of the best exercises to lose weight in your schedule, but if you fail to remain consistent, you will fail.
Starting with a workout routine might be easy, but maintaining consistency is probably the hardest part. But a few tricks and trips can keep you sorted.
Stock Up On Energy Giving Foods
Some great pre-workout snacks that are capable of pumping you up with energy are:
- Dry fruits
- Energy bar with no sugar
- Peanut butter toast
- Trail mix
Avoid eating heavy before you hit the gym or even workout at home.
Get Enough Sleep
When you are tired or sleepy or exhausted, giving your 100% while you workout is impossible. In that case, missing a day of workout could mean missing two days, three days, and so on.
Therefore, either be accountable and responsible with what you’ve started or find yourself a workout buddy who’ll motivate you everyday.
Don’t Force Yourself & Make It Fun
You can force your body for a couple of days, but that’s not how you do it for a prolonged period of time. Therefore, it’s vital that you enjoy what you do. Add only those best exercises to lose weight in your routine that you enjoy doing. If any of the exercises feels like a burden, chuck it off.
Bonus Tips: How To Stay Active Everyday That Aids in Weight Loss
Though a healthy diet & an active workout routine is enough, you can still choose to be active throughout the day with some simple ways.
The rule is simple: The More You Move, The More Calories You Burn. It adds to your weight loss efforts like a bonus.
- Move while you are on your phone.
- Start jumping casually during TV commercials.
- Avoid elevators and take stairs.
- Park your vehicle at a distance so you are forced to walk back to your home.
- Get your hands on a fitness tracker. There are some trackers that alerts you when you’ve been inactive for a longer time. You start moving, mate.
- Always walk whenever possible.
- If you’re not running late and you are comfortable doing so, get off the bus a stand earlier to walk to your destination.
- While doing house chores, play some music. You will groove and sway and move automatically.
Once you develop a habit of what all are listed above, there’s no coming back to your unhealthy habits.
For daily health tips, amazing recipes & fitness articles, subscribe via Email, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.